Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where to begin


When I first asked Andrew to build me raised beds I was hoping to grow some lettuce and get Owen out of the Ergo to play in the dirt. Little did I know that two growing seasons later I would begin planning our little back-to-the-land experiment. I have the upcoming summer off and we decided it would be wonderful for Owen to just be home with me, growing food and raising animals. Planning and preparing for all of this begins in February and with a haphazard stack of photos, drawings and tidbits from the past two years still not in a scrapbook I thought I should just blog! My hope is to inspire all my fellow "fashionista" mamas to get a little dirty this summer and plant and grow something you love! It also doesn't hurt that we have a fox to thank for our six month quarantine-we will just have to spend our time being where we feel at home, the George Garner Ranch. By the way who has a bedazzler I could borrow? I think my Bogs need a little something...More to come this weekend, blueberries are only $6.49 at 3Gs!

4 comments:

  1. So pleased to see you doing this! Looking forward to following your adventure! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world Shelby! Nice idea and I look forward to reading up on the whole idea. I've had a blog for quite sometime, but as you will see, it's primarily a Forrest, Forrest, Forrest blog with a little ranch this and that thrown in....mainly for family that doesn't get to see him next. I try to focus on something else once in awhile, but his cute face always gets me....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And lucky you to get the summer off! If you want to "trade" some hot weather veggies for some coastal delectable berries we're in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie,
    I am all about the trade! Berries for melons? Owen would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete